- This event has passed.
Call for Applications: Editor/Research Assistant for Prof. Dawood Ahmed on “Islam in Constitutions”
Dawood Ahmed, B.A. and M.A. degrees in Jurisprudence from Oxford University, and LL.M. and Ph.D. degrees from the University of Chicago, is looking to hire an Editor/Research Assistant. Dr. Ahmed seeks support with completing an academic book on the role of “Islam” clauses in constitutions, particularly their co-relation with human rights, providing hypothesis for the origin of such clauses and touching upon their real world impact in the courts.
Dawood Ahmed is searching for significant support in help pushing the book through to submission to be completed by the end of April 2020. Compensation is available.
- Passionate critic/editor/peer-reviewer
- Self-starter who can provide excellent support to get it into publishable form quickly (hopefully within 3 months)
- Academic writing experience, with some exposure to law/political science
- Access to academic databases
- Proof-reading to spot errors, typos etc.
- Comparing against the proposal Dr. Ahmed submitted for the book contract to assess gaps from what was initially proposed
- Peer reviewing the manuscript and restructuring so it reads like a book
- Quality check – Identifying where the book can be improved, where are the key gaps to fill in or to provide explanations, etc.
- Footnotes – Chicago Style
Apply for the position of Editor/Research Assistant by emailing Dawood Ahmed at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.