- This event has passed.
Call for Papers: Oxford Symposium on Religious Studies, Spring Session (26 –27 Mar | Oxford, UK)
March 8, 2020
The Oxford Symposium on Religious Studies is a forum for discourse and presentation of papers by scholars who have a particular interest in the study of religion. Canon Brian Mountford MBE, former Vicar of St Mary’s Church and Fellow of St Hilda’s College at the University of Oxford, will host the 2020 sessions.
You are invited to make a presentation and lead a discussion on an aspect of religious studies, or you may wish to participate as a panel member or as an observer. Your disquisition must adhere to an abstract of about 300 words approved by the Programme Committee of the Symposium.
You are also encouraged to submit a paper, in keeping with your abstract, which may be published in an appropriate journal or book of conference proceedings. All papers presented for publication or inclusion in books or sponsored journals will be subject to peer review by external readers.
- Attendees may participate as observers, panel members and presenters of papers, reports, and commentaries concerning aspects relevant to the theory and practice of topics in religion and ethics. (Poster presentations are also welcome.)
- We accept abstracts on a rolling basis and return notifications within a week of submission.
- Presenters are allocated 20 minutes to present, followed by a ten-minute question session.
- Optional: After the conclusion of the symposium, participants may submit papers to be peer-reviewed by external readers for possible inclusion in Symposium Books or sponsored academic journals.
- Conference Oxford has hundreds of affordable bedrooms in Oxford colleges available, offering splendid views of college quadrangles. See our website for lodging, travel and other information.