Cem completed his LLM at Harvard Law School, where he continues to study as an SJD candidate. His primary areas of research include comparative constitutional law, Islamic constitutionalism, and democratization.
- Did Republican Turkey Really Abolish the Ottoman Caliphate? The Curious Case of Law No. 431
- Kadijustiz in Turkish Constitutional Adjudication: Islamic Law as an Aversive Model?
- Religious Accommodation in an Assertively Secular Legal System: Mahr and the Turkish Case
- How Was Secularism Added to the Turkish Constitution? The Varying Rationales
- Islamic Law Lexicon :: Ḥadīth