The Program in Islamic Law at Harvard Law School seeks a temporary Program Administrator for 3 months+. Responsibilities include: coordinating operations as well as staff and students for ongoing web-based and print projects and events. Specific responsibilities include:
Coordination of student workers, projects, events:
- Coordinating the hiring process of RAs; Coordinating RA work and following up with them to ensure timely submission of work to Program staff and faculty
- Monitoring the progress of all major Program projects, and creating weekly status for Program director and staff
- Plan and execute logistics for weekly events
Communications: Draft formal letters at the direction of the Program Director or Staff, respond to general-inquiry emails, correspond with Program staff, student and global editors
- Keeping the calendar of the Program updated with the latest events.
- Keeping the Contacts Database updated with new email subscriptions, etc.
- General office management: keeping the space clean, ensuring things are neat, enough supplies are on hand, etc.
- Perform other duties as necessary
Bachelor’s degree and 2 or more years of related experience in administrative environment
- Independent thinker and multitasker
- Strong communications skills
- Problem solving aptitude
- Proficiency with variety of software and ability to learn new ones
This is a temporary, non-benefited and non-union position for 3+ months.
$25 per hour
To apply please send a resume, a cover letter, unofficial transcripts and list of three references and their contact information to email@example.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.