Thank you, Elizabeth Lhost, for joining us as guest blog editor in March. In case you missed her essays, here they are:
- Breaking out of “Anglo-Muslim” hybrids, or the case for studying the princely states
- Raftār-i Taraqqī-yi ʿAdālat: Rethinking “progress” in the history of Hyderabad’s Āṣafī Courts
- Farāmīn-i Niẓāmat: Looking at legal layers in a royal decree
- Naql-i Rejisṫarḋ khaṭ: Letters, postcards, and telegrams as sources of law
- Dekan Lā Ripōrṫ: Familiar genres, unfamiliar stories
- Conclusion: Why the princely states? Why now? What’s next?
Thank you! Follow Elizabeth Lhost’s scholarly work on her personal website.