The Association of American Law Schools (AALS) will be holding its next and virtual annual meeting between January 5-9, 2021. For 2021’s annual meeting, the AALS decided to offer participating schools a registration rate that allows faculty members and administrators to attend any of the meeting’s sessions, which means that scholars from fee-paid AALS member law schools will be able to register free of charge using their institutional email addresses.
The meeting’s section on Islamic law, cosponsored by International Law and Law and Religion, will be held on January 8, 2021 at 11:00 am – 12:15 pm. The panel, titled “Islam and the Modern International Legal Order” will bring together the following scholars:
- Haider Ala Hamoudi (University of Pittsburgh School of Law)
- Ebrahim Afsah (University of Vienna Faculty of Law)
- Samy AyoubThe (University of Texas School of Law)
- Mohammad Fadel (University of Toronto Faculty of Law)
- Emilia Justyna Powell (University of Notre Dame)