On Islamic Law:
- In “Mut’ah Marriage Position In The National Law System And Islamic Law” (Veteran Justice Journal 3, no. 2 (2022)), Ainul Yakin (Universitas Nurul Jadid) “examines the position of mutáh marriage in the [Indonesian] national legal system and Islamic law. ”
On Islam and Data Science:
- In “The Economic in International Islamic Education Strategy Collaboration: A Rapid Review” (Proceedings of the International Conference on Social, Economics, Business, and Education (ICSEBE 2021) (January 24, 2022)), Dian Cita Sari (UIN Sultan Thaha Saifuddin Jambi, Indonesia) and others examine the relationship between an international approach to Islamic education and economic strategy.
FIELD GUIDE TO ISLAMIC LAW ONLINE: RECENT SOURCES
This Field Guide to Islamic Law Online is an ever-growing collection of links to hundreds of links to primary sources and archival collections around the world, online. We recently added new resources to this list:
- Arabic Papyrology Database provides “access to editions of and research on pre-modern Arabic documents written on papyrus, parchment, paper, etc., an often untapped treasure for almost every aspect of the Islamicate World from the 7th up to the 16th century CE.”
- Fihrist: Islamic Manuscript Catalogue Online is a searchable catalogue of manuscripts in Arabic and Persian in the UK; a project of the Oxford and Cambridge Islamic Manuscript Catalogue Online (OCIMCO), 2009-2011.
UPCOMING EVENTS & OPPORTUNITIES
- Conference: Clinical Legal Education, May 9-13, 2022.
- Webinar: AMECYS Friday Digital Author Series: Dr. Rania Kassab Sweis, Associate Professor of Anthropology, May 13, 2022.
- Postdoc opportunity: Islamic history and culture, University of Bergen. Deadline is May 22, 2022.
- Conference on Kurdish Family Law, Harnack House in Berlin, June 2-4, 2022.
- Workshop: Formation, Establishment, and Evolution of the Mālikī Madhhab, University of Laussane, June 4, 2022.
- Workshop: Intertextuality in Islamic and Jewish Law, June 21-23, 2022, University of Muenster.
- Conference: The Digital Orientalist’s Virtual Conference 2022, June 25, 2022.
- Call for Contributions: Special-Edition Journal, Pakistan, July 15, 2022.
- Society of Legal Scholars, 113th Annual Conference, King’s College London, September 6-9, 2022.
- Conference: Materiality, Rituals and the Senses in Shi‘i Islam, Georgia, October 19-21, 2022.
- Conference: American Society for Legal History 2022, November 10-12, 2022.
- Position opening: Assistant Professor of Modern Middle Eastern History, University of Tennessee, Fall 2022. Deadline: until an appointment is made.
- Position opening: Columbia University, The Department of Art History and Archaeology Barbara Stoler Miller Assistant Professor, Indian and South Asian Art History. Deadline: until an appointment is made.
- Call for Applications: Interdisciplinary Scholars of Places, Movement and Cultural Practices Professor, New York University Abu Dhabi. Deadline: until the position is filled.
- Research Project: Historian/Researcher – Tudor Period/Elizabethan Era, and the Ottoman Empire during the Suleiman the Magnificent Period. Deadline: until the position is filled.
- Call for Submissions: The UCLA School of Law’s Journal of Islamic and Near Eastern Law (JINEL).
- Call for Manuscripts: Advances in the Study of Islam, Edinburgh University Press.
- Request for Open Submissions: AALS 2023 Annual Meeting, January 4-7, 2023. Submission deadlines vary.